Norman Love has announced the 2014 class schedule for chocolate making classes at Norman Love Confections.
Through September, the master chocolatier will share some of the techniques he uses to create the chocolate indulgences that are ranked No. 1 in the nation. Love, along with his award-winning team of artisan pastry chefs, will lead participants in the step-by-step process of making exquisitely beautiful chocolates and desserts.
Love has planned an assortment of evening classes that begin at 6:30 p.m. with a wine reception and typically end around 9:30 p.m.
- Truffles: Master the 100-year-old art from the dark chocolate hand-formed truffle to the modern Swiss shell-filled t
ruffle; students will take home the truffles they create. Dates: May 28 and Sept. 17
- Molded Candies: Learn how to make NLC’s famous jewel-like treasures from hand coloring to casting liquid chocolate and mixing the custom ganaches to fill the candies; then take home the treasures when done. Dates: May 14, July 9, Aug. 8 and 27
- Cookies: Become an NLC baker for the night; learn and create rich butter French Diamant, jam-filled Linzer cookies and warm baked chocolate chip cookies while learning secrets and techniques to make friends and family jealous. Dates: June 11 and Aug. 20
- Cupcakes: Learn how to construct custom cupcakes starting with the rich chocolate batter and toppings of fluffy butter-cream; sample vanilla-laden steps along the way and take home all your creations. Date: June 25 and Sept. 3
- Elegant Home Desserts: Learn the art of making elegant and delicious desserts that you can confidently make in a home kitchen from the popular liquid center chocolate cake to the classic and simplified soufflé. Date: July 23
- Chocolate and Wine Tasting: An elegant evening of chocolate and wine pairings hosted by Norman Love who will describe the unique qualities of each of the featured chocolates as well as the history of chocolate making and the processes used to create his famous confections; also learn about the art of selecting wines to enjoy with various kinds of chocolates and taste these pairings in raw and finished forms. Date: Sept. 24
“Our classes are perfect for those who define chocolate as one of the four basic food groups,” said Love. “Not only will attendees have the opportunity to see and be a part of what goes on behind the scenes, they will also be able to take home the chocolates they made themselves.”
The cost is $95 per person, per class. Classes are limited, so early reservations are encouraged. Due to health and safety regulations, closed toe shoes, minimal jewelry and sleeved shirts are required. For more information or to make reservations, call Lisa at 239-561-7215 or visit: http://www.normanloveconfections.com/classes/